Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Randomness....

Random things that you may not know...

*I like chocolate more than I should...

*I got saved on June 16, 2006, and I would probably be dead right now if it werent for God's grace, Him changing my heart, and some pretty awesome people hadnt told me about the hope and future I could have through Him. And And then I got baptized on July 21, 2006 at the Mann center in the lake.

*I'll talk to anyone or anything that is in front of me. I love meeting people and talking to people.

*I have the best friends in the entire world. you should be jealous. God has really provided for me, and I'm so blessed to have a very diverse group of friends.

*As soon as I begin to think I have it all together, God's like "BBAAAAMMM no you dont"

*I'm really self conscious.

*I never thought I would say this, but I kinda like Statesboro, and I kinda don't want to leave.

*I have a tattoo on my right foot. I got it done at Resurrection Ink in Savannah, right when I came to college. It actually didnt hurt too bad. I got my nose pierced on that same day though, and that hurt so bad it almost made me pass out.The verse is NOT Philippians 4:13 like some people think. Instead, it is Philippians 3:13-14, which is where Paul states:"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do, forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

*I wish I was a rockstar, and I sometimes randomly burst out into song or dance. It's really weird.

*If I had to think of a song that described by life it would be "Stop and Listen" by Bethany Dillon...or "Soul Survivor" by Akon....not really.

*Sometimes I think i suck at life, but God shows me different.

*I want to travel. I've been to Mexico, Honduras a couple times, Jamaica, Peru, and several trips in the US to places like New Orleans and St. Louis....but I want more.

*The most profound thing that God has ever revealed to me was when I was in Lima, Peru. It would take me all day to type all of it...but basically I saw some pretty intense crazy stuff there. On one hand, there is a sadness and a sense of desparity among the people there. They need so much love. On the other hand, there are people who are sooo content with God alone. They have absolutely nothing, yet they are content because they are desperate for God. Long story short, I learned that I wanted to be desperate for God...i mean really desperate...and when I pray, I want to pray knowing that HE WILL answer

*I'm a really awkward person, and I do and say really awkward things sometimes.*I'm reading a really good book right now. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. I'm about halfway done, and it is really kicking my butt.

*I never go anywhere without my ipod. I love all different kinds of music.

*I love to run and workout....mostly run though. My favorite way to worship God is to go for a really really long run with my ipod. I get really burdened by things, so I'll just go running.

*I won for my division in a triathalon last september, but then i realized i signed up for the wrong division...but i got a medal.*I'm going to run a half marathon on tybee in february.

*I tried P90X, but it made me gain weight and look weird so i quit

*My favorite book in the bible is Habakkuk. You can find his book towards the end of the old testament, between the book of Nahum and Zephaniah. Basically, Habakkuk was in Judah, and he was dishearted (is that a word?) by the injustice in Israel and in the world and all the evil that is in it. He is wrestling with God because He doesn't see God at work. God tells him that He is still in control and to wait on Him and be patient and Habakkuk wll be amazed at what God is doingin the midst of the suffering. It's all about undying faith, not losing sight of your dreams, and knowing that it's all going to work out in God's timing...anyways, you should read it to see what happens..its only 3 chjapters....there's a lot more to it, but I just thought that was worth sharing.

*I wish I knew more Spanish. I am learning by reading my old spanish book and listening to hillsong united en espanol. I sing it really loud in my car.

*Coconut lime verbana from bath and body works makes me happy.

*I love my church, Connection Church. Its really cool to be a part of something where they are making people feel welcomed, and there are people of all different backgrounds being obedient to God and trying to do things different in order to reach people in Statesboro that need hope and love. I've met so many really cool adults, and i love talking to all of them on sunday.

*It's easy for me to get overburdened with other peoples' problems. I struggle with all the need in the world and feeling like I can't do anything about it.*I really am at a place where I am learning new things everyday.

*My friends say that guys are intimidated by me.

*I sometimes think people think I'm obnoxious. I'm sorry if Ive ever been obnoxious to you.

*I want to live a life on the go, and I want to have a dangerous, exciting carreer on the mission field. what what

*The library is a social gathering for me.*I have a celebrity crush on Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Blake Mycoskie (TOMS). They're both a little old for me though.

* I have seen Dave Matthews Band 5 times in my life....Raleigh, Atlanta, twice in West palm beach, and Charleston.

*I got kicked out of a Widespread Panic concert the day before my 18th birthday. Its a complicated story.

*I LOVE my snuggie! it keeps me warm, and Im thankful for Colleen for buying me a zebra one for my birthday

*I hate the cold weather...i mean i really hate it...I wish it could be hot and sunny all the time. I like it better when i can relax at the beach/pool/boat and be tan.

*I'm not settling anymore.

*I'm so blessed, and I don't know what I ever did to deserve everything. for real. just think about it.

*I love children. They are so innocent. A long time ago, kids used to scare me, but I am loving them more and more everyday. I wish i were a kid again.

*People make fun of me because I compare everything to a podcast that i heard...i love podcasts....

*Wal Mart has the best clothes...i promise..go look for yourselves in the junior section.

*I'm hypocycemic, and I used to pass out a lot, but not so much now. The last time was in New Orleans on a mission trip. It happened right when we got there and it was really awkward how it happened...

*Last year I killed 2 deer in one month...with my car...one did a lot of damage though and then as soon as i got it fixed another one tried to mess with me, but he didnt damage my car.

*I used to dye my hair dark dark brown during the winter time when i was in high school.

*You've probably heard this verse before, but my life is a true example of Romans 8:28 (and we know that in ALL tihngs God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called accoring to His purpose) . I got so mad at God because I thought my life was headed in one direction, and then it took a complete turn....But He is constantly making our bad situations into good ones. gotta believe it.

*I have a negative heart and mind when I dont start my day out by letting God be the center of my life and then being focused on Him during the day...I can say some really mean things sometimes. Im sorry if Ive ever offended you.

*I had a rough end of the summer and beginning of this past semester. I was really struggling with who I was, and I was mad at God. I decided that I didn't care anymore and that I wanted to do things my way, and I even made some bad decisions. Well, around the middle of September, after about a month of that, God showed me that my life had great worth, and ever since then I've had so much joy in my life. it just shows that the whole prodigal story never ends. God is constantly pursuing us.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! This is Jan- from Emmaus. Loved reading your blog this morning! Your enthusiasm is contagious! I love that God has given you a vision of "your own backyard" as a mission field!!! Awesome! Especially after you have been to some amazing places! It is true, though. People all around us AND all over the world are desperate for God! There is a lot of darkness and it is growing. But then, God said it would, didn't He? Thanks for being light for others- for letting Christ shine through and for being real and humble. He uses folks best when we're like that! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you never read my blog, I am now following yours. You ARE a good writer and I have already enjoyed your first two posts! I love you, my crazy and special friend! God has huge and amazing plans for you. :)

    ReplyDelete