Thursday, June 30, 2011

God is faithful, no matter what!

God has been showing me daily, especially over the past three weeks just how faithful He is.

As Christians, we feel like we're supposed to proclaim that "God is faithful," even when we feel that He isn't for some reason. Hebrews 11, the great chapter of faith, says in verse 6 that without faith, it is impossible to please God. But do we really believe that God is faithful and that He wants His children to experience His BEST?


God has been so faithful to Daniel and me. I know that I have done nothing to deserve the Lord's faithfulness, but I do know that in everything that He has given me, He expects it to be used for His glory. If I look back over the past 23 and a half years of my life, God has proved faithful in the hard times and the good times. Isn't it cool to look back and see every single little detail pointed straight to Him? Even when we didn't see it at the time?


The first, and number 1 step, has been for me to know full well that without God, I am nothing. I am learning slowly but surely, that God has made me His masterpiece, created to do great and wonderful things in life, but this is only because of His grace. (Ephesians 2:4-10). As I surrender my life, detail by detail to the LORD, I see that without Him I am nothing, but with Him I am unstoppable.


Just in the past several weeks, He has:


--given me a job that I love (A job that can eventually turn into an even bigger opportunity at this school in August).


--He has practically given us a house, that has started being built!! And we should be moving in at the end of August. I mean He has given us a freaking house! I know He'll continue to provide us with those mortgage payments too :)


--He has sustained Daniel's job, and used him in so many people's lives through the hospital. I'm so proud of him.


--He has given us food to eat every single day, and occasionally, we even get to go out to eat, and somebody else cooks for us.


--We live above the means of 99% of the world's population, so we are rich. (ps: if you're reading this, you probably have a computer, so in all fairness, if you really stop and think perspectively, you'll see that you are rich, too) (if you make more than $45,000 a year, you are in the top 1% of wage earners in the world. So that would make you richer than 99% of the world as well) So we are rich by the world's standard, but the real issue is: "how do we honor Him with what we've been given?)


--He has led us to an awesome church that we LOVE here...NewSpring Church. It was hard to leave such a spirit/love/God filled church like Connection Church, but He has provided for us here. There is no better gift than the local church!! We've already had 2 open doors to serve Him and help build His kingdom. Daniel has started serving and volunteering with kids with special needs in the children's ministry), (which is a really cool ministry at our church), and I've been given the opportunity to volunteer and serve on the care team on Sundays. So God has been faithful in giving us the opportunity to serve Him.


--He has led us to meeting some cool people in the community to help. Hopefully we'll take full advantage of those opportunities as He keeps presenting them. We've failed at some, and probably didn't handle them the way He would have intended, but He has been faithful in giving us more opportunities.


--He has brought us into a small group through our church, which definitely shows His faithfulness because we've been praying for that! And it has already helped us to meet people, build community,and be changed and challenged by His word. This has really been pushing me more and more to come to the conclusion that in every aspect of my life, I have to let Him speak through me, and He will one again prove He is faithful. I have deep pride issues that I didn't even know I had, and He is showing me that all I need is Him for people to like who I am as a person, and if they don't, it's ok :)


--He has been faithful in teaching us so much about Him!…especially the principles of being generous, and I cannot tell you enough how much more He has blessed us.


--He has given us times with each other and with friends, that we will always remember. We got to go to Carowinds this past Monday with Mandi and Matthew, and this weekend, we're going to see U2 in Nashville! Dang, God is faithful! haha.


God really has been faithful to us, but He does expect it to be used for His glory and kingdom. I'm terrible when it comes to comparing myself to others, and it has only left me feeling sad, and it made me think less of my God. But God gives us according to His plan to make HIS name great. How cool is that?--That He gives us the opportunity to serve Him and honor Him with what He has blessed us with. Luke 12:48 says, "When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required." Also, one of my favorite verses, Luke 16:10-12: "“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven? And if you are not faithful with other people’s things, why should you be trusted with things of your own?"


Anything that He has given us, He can take away. But isn't is amazing to know that God knows what is best for us and He is patient with us, so when He does take something away from us, it is for His glory, and He will continue to take care of us: (2 Peter 3:9 and Romans 2:4)


We need to remember God's faithfulness, even when things aren't working out perfectly for us. He gives us HOPE in the hard times, through the bible! If you are His child, and you know He is faithful, you know you are nothing without Him, and you have really put your trust in Him, and you've told Him that, then there is no hard time in which you can't look back and say, "you know what, even during that time, God was and is faithful." Think about it, be glad about it, believe it, and read about it in the bible. Even in the hard times, God is still God, and God is still good. Do you believe that?


**In Lamentations 3:19-27, things are rough for Jeremiah. He is frustrated with the people around him, and God may seem absent, but he declares: "The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him! "The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. And it is good for people to submit at an early age to the yoke of his discipline."


**2 Corinthians 4:16-18 never gets old: "That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."


**Revelation 3:8: "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me."


**2 Peter 3:9 demonstrates that the Lord is patient and always keeps His promises: "The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent."


**Romans 2:4: "Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?"


And of course, Romans 8:28: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


I can read His word, and remember His promises, and then inscribe them on my heart so I can rejoice and praise Him (and not myself) in the good times, and also remember His promises, so I can be prepared for the unfavorable times.


How are we using what He has given us? Are we taking advantage of it, into our own hands, to meet our selfish desires and make our name great? Or are we using it to make HIS name great?


Anyways, this is our life. God is faithful. We have a lot to be thankful for at the end of every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment